A Mediterranen cruise and the isle of Cyprus, stop seven on our world tour.
It has been said that art imitates life but in Cyprus the entire area is a masterpiece of life imitating art. This vast county is full of vineyards, 12th century buildings, orchards and monasteries intertwined to create its own unique Mediterranean architecture. Cyprus; stop seven on the Luxe Travel Deals world luxury travel tour.
Cyprus is an island nation located in the Mediterranean Sea surrounded by mountains on the north and vast green plains to the south. Because of its’ close proximity to Greece, a mixed culture of Greek and Middle East exists here. Greek, English and Turkish are the major languages spoken here. Locals are very friendly and welcome outsiders with an open heart. Most often locals make visitors feel at home by offering them something to drink and it is customary to offer the guest a small gift when invited for dinner. A nice personal touch and reminiscent of days gone by.
A notable faux pas; taking pictures in places like museums and art galleries without special permission is highly frowned upon. When photographing outside it is strictly forbidden in military areas; so you are wise to use caution when doing so.
Cyprus must see tourist attractions:
Shipwrecks of Cyprus – It is said that there are numerous shipwrecked boats lying on the ocean floor just off the coast of Cyprus making it a treasure hunters paradise.
Roman Ruins – Famous Roman structures and ruins that are worth a visit include the Odeon amphitheatre, the House of Dionysus and the ancient Roman houses that line Cyprus’s harbours.
Pathos Lighthouse – Is a fascinating lookout if you care to travel the huge staircase.
Tomb of the Kings – The Tomb of the Kings is a number of underground tombs carved into solid bedrock.
Famous beaches of Cyprus – Cyprus is known for its crystal clear beaches. For a true rewarding experience our experts suggest while vacationing anywhere in the Mediterranean the best way to truly experience a once in a lifetime dream destination is to embark on many of the Mediterranean medieval luxury cruises available.
An example of one of the amazing cruises that you will find on a tour of the isle of Cyprus:
Mediterranean Medieval cruise
• 1-night stay in Larnaca at the Amathus Beach Hotel
• 10-night cruise aboard the all-suite, 114-guest Corinthian II
• Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship
• All meals aboard ship, including house wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
• Open bar aboard ship throughout the cruise
• Complete program of tours and excursions
• Educational program of lectures and discussions by accompanying guest lecturers
• Professional International tour staff
• Complete per-departure materials
• Baggage handling and transfers abroad on the designated program arrival and departure dates
• Port and embarkation taxes
• Gratuities to porters, guides, and drivers
Talk to a Luxe Travel Deals luxury travel advisors today to help you plan your next Mediterranean vacation to an island paradise like Cyprus and you just may find your very own hidden treasure!