What a fabulous place to visit – the Riviera Maya, Mexico! This beautiful, Mexican paradise offers something for everyone and especially for anyone looking for a luxurious, fantasy, beach vacation. Besides the obvious draw of the sun-warmed, white, silky beaches, there’s plenty to do here on the Riviera Maya.
- Play golf while listening to the songs of the tropical birds on one of the many golf courses. Don’t step on an iquanas! The golf courses have been carved out of the jungle, are surrounded by lagoons, and overlook the shimmering turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
- Swim with the dolphins in one of several locations that offer an exciting and safe experience.
- Dive the Great Maya Reef – the largest coral reef in the northern hemisphere. If you love diving you’ll want to see the many subterranean rivers and the “cenotes” formed by water filtering through limestone in the shimmering, crystal blue waters of the Caribbean. There are many locations to rent equipment and hire guides and instructors
- Visit Tulum – the only archaeological site located by the sea. One of the loveliest places on the Riviera Maya, Tulum combines the majesty and mystery of the ancient Mayan civilization with the intense beauty of the Caribbean. There are over 60 preserved structures within three massive walls at Tulum.
Where to stay: Experience true luxury at one of these resorts.
- The Iberostar Grand Paraiso is an adults only, all inclusive, five-star hotel in Playa Paraiso. The Suites at the Grand Paraiso include indoor Jacuzzis, sitting rooms, a king or two queen sized beds, a dining area, and a hammock or swing. Villas offer spectacular views of the grounds of the resort, a king sized bed, Jacuzzi, minibar, safe and a small pool in the villas private garden! Eat in one of the resort’s four restaurants or its international buffet. And don’t miss the spa which offers massages, facials, and nail care – for either individuals or couples.
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita offers luxurious oceanfront suites with terraces with direct beach access, Catamaran sunset sails, daily shopping excursions by boat, a Hydrothalasso pool, aqua gym, spa treatments, well consultations, anti-aging medical diagnostic consultations, and traditional Temazcal steam room ceremonies. This resort has 90 suites with large living areas and bedrooms, balconies or terraces, outdoor honeymoon showers, and private plunge pools. In addition, romantic mood lighting, in-suite tequila service, large flat screen TVS, and full marble baths are offered. There are three on-site restaurants.
There’s so much to do and see on the Riviera Maya! And when the day is over, pamper yourself at one of the area’s fine resorts.